I improvised this cheesecake for an Iftar here in Munchen and it turned out to become very popular. I think it tastes a bit like soft ice cream- you know the one on the cone?
Besides being very fast to make, it doesn’t require any other equipment than a mixer, bowl and a microwave oven.
This recipe is available in svenska
For 10 people
- 175 g (1 package) chocolate chip cookies
- 100 g butter
- 250 g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 5 dl whipping cream
- 1 dl castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 3dl whipping cream
- 300g dark chocolate
- Melt the butter in a microwave (or on the stove).
- Crush the cookies and mix well with the melted butter.
- Spread the cookie crumbs evenly in your container.
- Whip the cream cheese, whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract together until it thickens. Then spread the mix over the cookie crumbs.
- Heat the whipping cream for the truffel shortly. Mix in the chocolate and stir until the chocolate has dissolved (see images below). Pour the truffel over the cream layer and instantly refridgerate.
- Keep the cheesecake cool until serving.
Click the picture above for full instructions on how to make the chocolate truffel.